Apricot can store documents of up to 25 MB each as "shared files." These can be uploaded to your Apricot database to provide easy access to routinely needed documents, such as HIPAA releases, signup sheets, etc.
Shared files can also store small image files.
Uploading New Shared Files
1. To upload new shared files, select the Administrator tab at the top of the page.
2. From the left hand menu, select Shared Files.
3. You may "Create New Category" to organize your shared files.
4. Or, if you have already created the categories you need, select "Upload."
1. Select a category to contain your new shared file.
2. Click "Choose File." A new window will open, allowing you to browse your computer for the file you would like to upload.
3. Select the file to upload.
4. Click "Open."
5. When the pop-up window closes, select "Upload."
1. Expand the black arrow next to the category name.
2. You will see the file you uploaded. The name will be a truncated version without any spaces.
3. Hover your mouse over Actions and you will have the option to:
4. Rename, download, or delete your document.
Accessing Shared Files as a User
1. To access the shared files as a user, select the My Apricot tab.
2. On the left hand menu, click on My Shared Files.
3. Expand the black arrow next to a category name.
4. Hover over the Actions tab.
5. Select "Download."
Shared Files are "static" meaning that someone cannot open and edit it and save the changes in Apricot.
You can create a link in a bulletin to a shared file using the Link button. To get the link: hover over the shared file Actions button, right click on Download, choose Copy Link Address
Standard Users won't have access to any shared file until you grant them access via their permission set(s).