Unlocking Your Account
- Click the "Forgot Your Password?" Link on the login page.
- Enter the email address you use to login to Apricot.
- You will receive an email to reset your password.
- Click the link in this email and enter and confirm a new password.
Note: If you have a login for multiple databases, you will receive a password reset email for each database. You will need to use the link in each email to reset the password for each database to regain access.
Alternate Unlock Method- Administrator needed
If for whatever reason the above fails, an administrator can unlock another user's account.
- Navigate to the administrator tab
- Navigate to the Access Control category, then click it to reveal the contained options
- Click "Users"
From here in the Users list, you will choose the account that you are attempting to unlock.
Once in the user's record, you'll need to click on "Edit Users" in order to edit their record of the Users form.
- Click on the "Force Password Reset?" checkbox. If you skip this step, the user will not be able to log in.
- Set a default password here that you can pass along to the locked out user. To Unlock the account you MUST set a new password.
- Make sure to save the record. If you miss this step, the user record will not be unlocked.
- Once the user logs in with the temporary password, they will be prompted to change the password.
- When the user's password has been changed, the Force Password reset box on their user page will no longer be checked.