In Apricot Results Reporting, your data comes unflattened meaning that your data is given to you in a list form listing out each element of your form. See below for an example:
In order to get the responses to these fields like you would in Apricot Standard Reporting, you must flatten the data by creating variables.
How to Flatten Data
Create a variable dimension.
- Click on "Available Objects" on the left hand side menu.
- Right click on the variables folder and click "New".
- Name your variable. It's best practice to name it after the field name.
- Make sure the qualification is set to "Dimension".
- In the formula window you'll create the following:
= ([Record Text Values]) WHERE ([Field Name] = "Name of field") IN ([Record ID])
- Click the green check mark to test your variable.
- Click OK to save.
Once you've created as many variables as needed for your report you can click and drag them into the report.
Tips & Tricks
- Instead of creating a brand new variable for each field you can duplicate an existing variable and edit the duplicate.
2. The field name in the variable needs to be exact. Capitalization matters. If you're unsure of how a field is named you can click on "Field Name" under the the Available Object window and then double click on "Values" under Available Operators.
Clicking on the field name will add it to the formula.